Winter Skin Care Routine!
Winter is around the corner. As the chilly winds start blowing, unfortunately, your skin starts drying. Everything about winter is cool except what your skin has to go through. The winter air is harsh and causes dehydration. Dryness, roughness, chapped lips are very common problems that all of us deal with every winter. And a lot of times we use chemically made products to ease the pain. And not every time do the products go well with the skin!
So here we bring you some Dos and Don’ts for your skin during winter.
- Always use a moisturizing cream\moisturiser that is of your skin type.
- While doing your makeup use a cream foundation.
- Use a Moisturiser with good SPF \ sunscreen while going out in the sun.
- Use oil-based products. Such as pre-makeup oil serums. This will give your skin a dewy glow during winter.
- Take care of the lips: the lips are harshly affected by the harsh cold winter winds. They get dry easily. Using a lip balm can be a way to get rid of it but if you wish to get rid of them permanently or for a longer period of time try these things at home, they are easy to prepare and are 100% natural.
Make a lip scrub: here are the steps –
- take a bowl and add oil\honey
- add sugar and mix them together.
- Use cotton to apply the mixture to the lips.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- Wipe it off or rinse it.
Practicing this daily will help soften the lips and protect them from getting dried easily.
- Do not use soap on your face. Avoid using it on your body if possible.
- We normally prefer hot water for bathing during winter but excessive use of it especially on the face can remove the essential oils that help moisturize the skin and prevent dryness.
- Avoid using powdery products (cause the skin to get dry).
- Keep away from physical exfoliation.
- Do not let your skin be exposed to heat too much! We all love to be warmed all the time during winter. But too much exposure to heat (artificial) can be harmful to the skin. Instead, put on layers of warm clothes and stay warm. Healthy skin is what we all wish for throughout the year and as the seasons change we need to change your skincare routine needs to change as well.
Here are 5 ingredients that you can add to your “Winter Skincare Routine”
- Aloe Vera gel: Helps in soothing the skin and keeps it away from drying.
- Hyaluronic acid helps to lock moisture in the skin for longer.
- Coconut oil: Works as an antioxidant and protects the skin from environmental stressors.
- Green tea extracts: contains vitamin E and helps in hydrating the skin.
- Lactic acid: the perfect exfoliant for winter as it is the most gentle one.
Follow the above-mentioned tips and enjoy the winter with healthy and happy skin!