Solitude is the state of being alone which indeed sparks creativity and increases productivity in oneself. It is often valued as a period when an individual may work, think or rest without being disturbed by external factors or influences. Solitude makes you depend on yourself to remove as many distractions and interruptions as you can from your day.
Solitude is a positive and constructive state of engagement with oneself in being alone without being isolated. It frees up the mind from all the distractions of everyday life. It allows the brain to think outside the box and to come up with unique, extraordinary solutions to ordinary problems in life.
Perquisites of spending more time in solitude:
- Increasing empathy, freedom, concentration & enhancing creativity.
- Helping an individual to build up mental strength.
- Solitude gives you an opportunity to plan your life.
- Reducing behavioral problems.
- Helping you know your inner being and to focus.
- Finding our true value, allowing us to be free from the inputs of others.
- Helps you get more work done in a shorter period of time.
- Provides an opportunity to think about your goals, progress and changes that you want to make in your life.
- Allowing us to get in touch with the most important mind of all-our own.
There are times when alone is the best place to be. Being alone; engaging in intrapersonal communication helps to explore yourself further making you more self-reliant in the process. Discover yourself! Find your inner voice! Reboot yourself from the daily bustle of life. Spending time in solitude makes you compassionate towards others and supports your mental strength greatly. As psychologist Joan Cook suggests in an article for The Hill, “We give our kids a time out to reconstitute and return to social interactions in a better state, Adults need their alone time to do the same.”
Contributed by: Aryananda Pradhan, Samiyo Dong
Read About: Fear of Public Speaking! Tips and Tricks!